Membership requirements The Gateway Women online community is for women who are involuntarily childless – for any reason at all. It is not suitable for you if you are childless by choice (childfree), trying to conceive (TTC), planning or going through fertility treatments, considering/going through the adoption process or are struggling with secondary infertility. There are lots of other great online groups that would be a better fit for you and you can explore our list of resources here.
How do I join the new Gateway Women Mighty Networks community? Our new home on MightyNetworks can be joined by clicking here. If you are a new member, it will take 24-72 hours to check your ID and approve your membership.
I’m already a member of the new community, how do I login? Either go to MightyNetworks.com and search for ‘Gateway Women’ or use this link to go straight there.
How much does it cost? Membership is GBP£10 per month (or GBP£100 per annum) with one free month to begin with, whether you’re a new member or a transitioning member. All cards and currencies are supported (but not PayPal). If at the end of your free month, if you are experiencing financial difficulty for any reason and need a short or long-term payment holiday, please apply for one of our ‘Bursary Memberships’ by emailing us at email@example.com We also have £5 per month memberships available if that better suits your financial circumstances – please email Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org to request one of these . We understand that it can be hard to ask for this kind of support so we will handle your request with discretion, compassion and generosity.
There are going to be some amazing benefits to our new home, so as well as still being the only ID-checked childless support community, we will have:
- All our communities in one place including the main GW Community, Nomo Tribe, The ‘Living the Life Unexpected’ Reading Group, Alumni Groups for graduates of the Plan B Programmes, etc.
- Alumni Groups – for example, this will become the new home for our ‘Online Bee 2018’ and ‘Plan B 2017’ Alumni Groups and for those alumni from our Reignite Weekends who wish to remain connected to each other.
- Online Courses – Jody is leading a year-long facilitated reading group for her book Living the Life Unexpected including videos, weekly prompts, a monthly live chat and online support – just for members.
- Special Interest Groups – such as German/French/Dutch/Spanish speaking groups, LGBTQIA+ Group, Travel Buddies, HR Huddle, GW Writers Group, Meetup Hosts, etc.
- Unlimited topics to create discussion spaces and the ability to only follow those that relate to you. So for example, you’ll be able to select all topics and see everything posted, or just those that apply to you at the moment, creating a customized experience that works for you, whatever stage you’re at. Thus you can select/deselect from all the topics you’re already familiar with such as Grief, Relationships, Infertility, Pets, etc, as well as many additional ones we’re now able to add such as Workplace & Career, Childless Christians, Childless by Relationship, Creatives Corner, Childless by Circumstance, Travel, Childless Stepmothers, LGBTQIA+, Women of Colour, Soul Connection, House & Home,etc.
- Find members near you so that you can create local connections or find each other whilst travelling. This will also make creating events and meeting up in person so much easier than using Meetup! (You can also disable this ‘location sharing’ feature if you wish.)
- Live chat with online members so that you can have real-time connection and support when you need it. And as we have members all around the world, there’s bound to be someone online as you chat either individually or as a group. Finally an end to the hit and miss private messaging of both G+ and Meetup!
- Find and create live events easily including those organised by Gateway Women such as my public talks and the Reignite Weekends, as well as local, in-person get-togethers.
- A monthly ‘Fireside Chat’ which will be a member-only live group chat with Jody for members to get support with any challenge they are currently experiencing.
- Clear member guidelines to enable our community to continue to be the safe and non-judgemental space members have come to trust. In order to help members understand our ethos, we’ll have an online document that outlines it as well as a new ‘one-click’ way of reporting any posts or comments members are uncomfortable with.
- Sensitive and skilful moderation has been a hallmark of our community and we will continue to keep a clear and compassionate eye on everything that’s posted. We also plan to have a ‘secret’ moderators group where moderators can support each other away from the main space.
- A well-designed app so that you can enjoy all the functions and benefits of Gateway Women on the move, including being able to find each other by location on your phone. (This option can also be disabled).
- Document uploads directly to the community thus enabling us to share documents and information privately and safely such as our Christmas card address lists, and also work on projects and ideas together.